1. Roger Williams Park. Not only does RWP have extensive walking trails and experiences, it’s also home to the Museum of Natural History and Planetarium, and the Botanical Center.
2. The RISD Museum. The museum houses over 100,000 pieces of fine and decorative art - everything from Dale Chihuly to a giant wooden Buddha.
3. The Providence Pedestrian Bridge and River Walk. Enjoy a stroll outdoors on the popular pedestrian bridge and accompanying river walk. On Sundays, check out the curated Providence Flea.
4. Shopping. Swing by the novel shops downtown on Westminster, on Hope Street in Hope Village, in Wayland Square at Wayland and Angell St’s, Thayer Street on college hill, and funky Wickenden street shops in Fox Point.
5. The Independence Trail self guided tour through downtown. The painted green line tour starts at the state house and traverses through the city to guide you to 133 notable spots. Each destination is labeled with an emblem showing a unique location number and general phone number: